Two years. 24 months. Where does the time go?
It had been less than 2 weeks since Kaia had passed and I had been moved to the top of the referral list. The email came, and I was terrified to open it b/c I had no idea how I might react, and I knew one thing- this new little baby was not the baby I had planned for, prepared for, had a baby shower for, or pictured in my arms.
And, now, 2 years later, I cannot imagine my life without her. Each spontaneous laugh, baby bear hug, smooch fest, "Mama" imprints itself on my heart.
I didn't feel ready to "mother" again so soon, 2 years ago, but I am so glad I opened that email. So glad I said "Yes".
Then: (in the throes of a bad skin fungus... I was scared it meant I would lose her, too)



Now: (a popsicle stealing little sprite :)
with gorgeous skin! :) (click on horsey pic to enlarge)
8 comments:
It hasn't actually been two years, has it? How? When? (wait, does this mean I am two years older as well?) She is more beautiful than ever. : )
I'm glad you were able to open your again too, momma. She is a lovely little girl. I'm blown away at how big she is.
It amazes me how time flies and how 'perfect' the matches are in adoption .... it is like all the heartache and ups and downs had to be endured and overcome to unite us with the ones we were meant to be blessed with. Your strength and courage through the process was to be admired and I am so glad you were blessed with such a beautiful and joyous daughter.
Happy two years!!!
I am teary eyed at this post. I agree, how did 2 years pass??
Wow, that is so neat to see how much she has grown. Has it really been this long? Its so hard to believe I been following your Journey for over 2 years now. Amazing.
Beautiful!!! Time flies when love grows daily, doesn't it? So glad your heart could open enough to step forward in faith and receive Malia even through your immense sorrow for Kaia.
Malia is such a blessing.
Just yummy!!!
Wow time does fly. And she is a very beautiful little girl.. inside and out.
Post a Comment