Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sugar Daddy?

Anyone who has a toddler knows that the question "why?" comes often and insistently.
Tonight, it may have worked to my advantage.

In the car coming home tonight:

Mama: Malikin, Mama's hungry. Are you hungry?

Mal: Yeah.

Mama: What would you like to eat?

Mal: (says something unintelligible, but then when asked again responds) G'illed sheese and fwies.

Mama: Okay, but none of that McDonald's stuff. Mama will make it at home, with some salad too.

Mal: Why?

Mama: B/c I want to use good bread and real cheese.

Mal: Why?

Mama: B/c I love you and I want you to grow up tall and strong.

Mal: Why?

Mama: So you can be healthy.

Mal: Why?

Mama: B/c if you're healthy you can be even prettier and more amazing than you are now.

Mal: Why?

Mama: (coming clean) So that you can marry a gorgeous guy with lots of money who will take care of your Mama, no holds barred.

Mal: Oh, awright.

******
Now we'll see!! :)

9 comments:

veggiemom said...

Too good!
I love Malia's hair in the previous post. I wish Medina had hair that I could do that kind of stuff to.

onemorebaby said...

Ha! That made my day! Thank you for sharing that! : )

Anonymous said...

I love that hope can live on through our kids! :) You're funny.

Unknown said...

That can still be Austin right??? :)

B said...

HA HA, all she needed was a straight answer. Smart girl!

Jenn said...

So cute! Almost makes me wish we had adopted a girl!

Making my blog private again so if you want an invite just let me know your email.

C said...

Soooooo Funny! Out of the mouth of babes. :)

Lisa said...

That's right MAL! LOL Does that mean we should give up hope on us?? Hmmmm?

dreambaby said...

Loved it! That made me LOL!