Tuesday, October 21, 2008

B-day dress UPDATE!

Thanks for the comments in trying to help me choose a b-day/holiday dress for Malía. I ended up going with the brown and turquoise halter and with a blue sailor (b/c my dad keeps asking to see her in one! :). I couldn't order from the site I posted b/c they don't ship to Canada, but the girl was nice enough to give me other links that do.
The halter is from http://www.ipovepou.com
and the sailor from http://www.sophiasstyle.com

They're both Bonnie Jean creations. That's what Mal's dress was last year, too :)

I'll do a little fashion show when they arrive!

PS: Here is what I am doing to try and get an actual link posted:

I click on the "insert link" icon at the top of the create message window. I leave the http there and add the www.whatever.com
It shows up on my draft with stuff around it, BUT when I publish, it is totally BLANK.
So, I just edit out the "stuff" and leave the site, but then it's not a real link, just an address.
Ideas? or a "How to add a link you dummy" tutorial??
thanks! :)

7 comments:

Tarah said...

Sounds like you are doing the link right.
I copy paste the adress and erase the http and just paste one in. ???

NO idea why it isn't working.

How are you going to celebrate birthday number two?

Michelle said...

Im finally joing you on your new blog! Great idea....cream cheese and raspberries!

Anonymous said...

I love brown and turquoise. What a beautiful dress.

Playful Platypus said...

Try this.
(1) Make sure you're on the "compose" tab and not the "edit html" tab. (Compose is the one you usually work in.)
(2) Type in the address you want to create the link for, i.e. http://www.whatever.com, or use a word like Whatever
(3) Highlight the address (or the word) and THEN click on the link button.
(4) Add the address to the dialog box, making sure you don't double up the http://, and close the dialog box.
(5) When you publish, it should show the address (or word) as a link.

When you delete the "stuff" around the link address, you're probably deleting the html code that actually creates the link. You can see the html code on the "edit html" tab.

If you used the word "Whatever" as your text on which to create the link, the html would look like this:
Whatever

If you used the actual link address as the text on which to create the link, it will look like this:
www.whatever.com

The stuff inside the <>s is what's needed to actually create the link. The stuff between the two codes and is what shows up on the screen as the link. (You'll only see this "extra" stuff on the edit html tab.)

Hope that helps...

Playful Platypus said...

Hey!! I tried to show you the code but it turned my code into actual links! Here it is again (all spaces except the one in "a href" should NOT be there).
If you use the word "Whatever" your html code will look like this:
Whatever

If you use the actual link address, the html code should look like this:
www.whatever.com

Playful Platypus said...

Darn!! It's still not working!!!

One more try:
a href= "http://www.whatever.com"> Whatever /a>

versus:

a href= "http://www.whatever.com"> www.whatever.com /a>

where both the "a href" and the "/a" should be preceded by a "<"

mommy2natalie said...

Gorgeous dresses Luci. Malia is going to look so cute! I just ordered from Sophia's as well and am hoping for great service since they have Canadian's on staff.