(yes, American buddies, today is OUR Thanksgiving :)
And, I am sooooo very grateful for:
My amazing, beautiful, precious, smart, precocious, wonderful, kooky- um, did I meantion AMAZING daughter. I am so, so blessed in Malía. More than words can express (and I will try to remember that when I hear the pitter patter of little feet at 4am!:)
My parents being alive and well, and involved enough to regularly get on my nerves :)
My career, my students. I have often said I hate all the red tape deadlines, etc etc of teaching, but being in the classroom with my kids, or working with them in extra-curricular activities- joy! (And, I can take a day off when needed without fear- that's priceless.)
My own home- mortgage free for 5 years now. Safe, cozy, in an awesome neighbourhood, just the right size.
The love friends and family. 'Nuff said :)
My Beast and my parents' critter, too- Malía is crazy for them both.
Living "carefully" these days, but never going without anything.
My Faith- God the Father, Son, Holy Spirit (and sorry, Catholic roots, but I see them as very separate- I get THREE special friends/guides that way :) Mary, our angels.
That a year from now, we'll be celebrating as THREE.
and ice cream, fall, swings, flowers, laughter, books, something good on TV, sleeeep (please may I have more of this?), flea shampoo (don't ask!), memories, music, and basically EVERYTHING.
It really is an awesome life, and I often pray, on just an ordinary, peaceful day- Dear God, if it is always just like this, I am happy. Thank you. Thank you. Amen.
*** btw, I had to Re-read my first point of gratitude 3x during this post b/c a certain missy kept getting out of bed to come and find me!! ;)
Happy Thankseverything, everyone!
7 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving!
Probably a stupid question but does Canada have a "Black Friday" or whatever day of the week yours is? Black Friday in the states is the Friday after Thanksgiving where its a BIG shopping day. People line up in the middle of the night to get into the stores when they first open to get the best deals. I am thinking probably not!
Nope, Kimmyann, we go to YOURS!! LOL
Wow you do have much to be thankful for! You amaze me! Getting up and going to teach and loving your students and coming home and giving tremendously to your daughter (soon two!). I hope that you find ways to give to yourself. You are an exceptional and strong woman - looking fabulous I might add :)
Happy belated Thanksgiving!!! You do have a lot to be thankful for! You're so very blessed with such an adorable & amazing little girl! CHEERS! ;o)
I hope it was a great one! I thought of you the other day when I heard it was Canada Turkey day!
Happy T day! I know i'm showing my ignorance here..but do you guys have turkey and all the fixins too?
No, B- we have polar bear, and of course- ROLLS!!! ;)
Post a Comment