Okay, since this a new chapter in our bloggy lives, I am going to just believe that the blog effect will NOT apply and tell you about our new chapter in our sleep lives, too. :)
Yes, I am sooooo happy to announce that it took over 3 weeks of being home, and one week of that in a new big girl bed before the clinginess stopped, the crying stopped, the zillions of wake-ups in the night stopped and a sleep routine I can live with fell into place. It also took a lot of persistence, and tears- on both our parts.
But, here we are- it's 7:45 pm and Miss Malía is asleep.
Here's the new routine:
After potty and PJ's, Mal gets into bed on her own.
Mama lies beside her and reads two books- one Mama's choice and one Mal's choice. (the latter is ALWAYS Llama, Llama Red Pajama (yup, hated to have to spell that with an "a" LOL)while Malía has her bottle.
Then, Mama takes the bottle and sits in the rocker at the foot of the bed , sings a blessing song, says prayers with Malía and then sings 1 or 2 lullabies.
Next Mama sits on the end of Mal's mattress to sing a final lullaby. (always the same one)
Mama then says goodnight and I love you, again and leaves the room, even if Mal's eyes are still open.
I really love this routine- it takes about 10 to 15 minutes, but works and makes us feel connected, and Malía safe enough to now sleep.
Now, the last few days, she has been getting out of bed and coming to find me, but it's NOT with crying/whining and when told to go back to bed, she does, no fuss. So, I am hoping this new little behaviour will pass, but at any rate, it sooooo beats the crying/screaming/fussing/grabbing of just a couple of weeks ago.
Now, if we could just cure the early waking!! Even with this horrible cold she's had for 2 days, it's still 5:20am, folks- at least it's a whole hour later than before! And, on weekends, I can usually lull her back to sleep for a couple of hours in my bed... sigh. :)
3 comments:
Love the new blog! Blogger is so much easier than most of the others! Glad to hear the new routine is working, at least so far. I hope is continues for both of you! She is so beautiful, I love to see the pictures as she is growing. Her personality just shines in all of them!
Thanks for sharing!!!
Hey ladies! So glad to hear that Mal is sleeping (and as a result you are sleeping). I like the new place..you've decorated it beautifully (pics of Mal is all it took).
Yay!! Welcome to Blogger! I, of course, can't wait to follow your journey to the new little one and continuing to follow Mal's growing up adventures!
Post a Comment