In great part, because of you, tomorrow the United States (and the world b/c the support is far-reaching) inaugurates its first black president, and I and my African born child can sit together and watch at home, or ANYWHERE we so choose, as mother and daughter. We can be openly together as a true, accepted and recognized FAMILY. I wonder what the world would be like, today, had you lived. I am sorry that we will never know.
I HAVE A DREAM
ABRAHAM, MARTIN AND JOHN by Dion
*I remember being so, so moved by this song when it first came out. I was 8. I guess I always "got it".
2 comments:
Dr. King is my hero and I have a dream that one day I will be included in his dream too.
You have said so much wonderfully here. How blessed Malia is to have a Mamma that is so aware and open-minded. You have warmed my heart!
Post a Comment