I have 2 TV show addictions- one is LOST (and last night was mind blowing!) and the other is The Biggest Loser. There is a man on there right now who has lost 93 pounds in 3 weeks!!! No, that's not a typo- 3 weeks. As the trainer, Bob (forget his last name) said, which made me literally laugh out loud: "Who does that? Ninety-three pounds- that's Nicole Ritchie!"
I realize he was close to 400 pounds and a lot is water loss, but still, If I could do that, I'd be so done already :)
The others have lost anywhere from upwards of 20 lbs to 70+.
Me? Well, you know, I can't complain- I don't have Bob or Jillian screaming in my face, or a controlled environment, but weighed in this week 4.2 pounds less, thank goodness.
At first, I thought I had gained 1.5 lbs and was willing to accept that b/c I had been practically living on Nyquil, ginger ale and canned soup all weekend. That was the weigh-in on Tuesday. But, then Wednesday I decided to just see if I'd lost that 1.5 b/c I knew it had been artificial, and not only had that gone, but a couple more. I got on the scale about 4 times to be sure. (I always get on the scale about 4 times to be sure :)
So, total for 2 weeks- 10 1/2 lbs, but you can't tell at all (probably b/c 5 of that I am sure was holiday gain). Still, I will keep at it and hopefully next week, I will finally feel that my butt is starting to lose zip code status!
6 comments:
Congratulations!!!
Congratulations L. Keep it up. Cheering for you down here in Ajax! Barb
I watched the show for the first time the other night. I was struck at how much weight was lost - by the men! Men can seem to lose weight virtually overnight.
I was also struck by how brutal the work outs. I kept wondering if this is good for those contestants. I know they have doctors monitoring their progress but for people who have not been engaged in regular exercise and are carrying so much weight I thought they were going to drop dead of a heart attack or seriously injure themselves.
Seriously, does an exercise routine have to be so brutal?
Back to you - great job!!!
I laughed when he said that about Nicole Ritchie.. that was hilarious!
That is great and double mine. GOOD JOB! My progress is at theskinnychick.wordpress.com
Congrats!!! What a great start!! By the way...Im adicited to LOST too. I didnt see last night episode yet. I have it recorded all ready for tonight and Im so tempted to watch it already....but I must wait for Nick. He wants to see it too.
Post a Comment